As Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan head out on a six-week break from royal duties, they’re said to be set to travel to the United States with Archie. While there, they’ll likely spend American Thanksgiving with Doria Ragland, the Duchess of Sussex’s mother. And their rumoured trip comes just as their six-month-old son has reported set a new milestone!
Royal correspondent Omid Scobie appeared on Yahoo UK’s Royal Box podcast and revealed the little lad has started eating solid food.
“Meghan says that Archie’s currently being weaned at the moment,” he said.
The segment features an interview with Carolyn Robb, the former chef at Kensington Palace who cooked nutritious and delicious meals for Harry and his brother Prince William as they were growing up. In it, the former personal chef to Prince Charles, Princess Diana and their family sounded off the “organic, seasonal and very simple” foods the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are likely to be feeding their son.
“Everything is made fresh,” she said of how other royal babies have been fed in the past. “There’s so much pre-made food available, but I’m sure they would like doing everything themselves.”
This is in keeping with Meghan’s fondness for organic, sustainable food. The couple reportedly have a huge garden at their home of Frogmore Cottage in Windsor, where they grow their own vegetables, which they eat at home. So it’s quite likely Archie is being started on baby food that comes straight from the earth outside their home.
Earlier this month, Meghan and Harry revealed their sweet little boy is crawling and teething. At a surprise event with military families at the Broom Farm Community Centre in Windsor on Nov. 6, Meghan can be seen speaking to a little girl, remarking on the number of teeth she has. “Archie just got two teeth. Some tiny ones, right there,” she says, gesturing to the child’s bottom gum.
View this post on Instagram
Yesterday, The Duke and Duchess surprised their neighbours in Windsor at a coffee morning for military families in a community centre located in the heart of the Army housing estate. Every year during the month of November we pause to remember and honour all those who have served their country here in the UK, across the Commonwealth and around the world. Their Royal Highnesses also wanted to show support for the families of service personnel who are currently deployed overseas. As we lead up to Remembrance Sunday, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will join Her Majesty The Queen and other Members of the Royal Family at various commemoration events, including the Festival of Remembrance at the Royal Albert Hall and the Cenotaph. During the visit yesterday, Their Royal Highnesses met with young families who shared their experiences as parents and as couples who are often apart from their loved ones for months at a time. A reminder that a life of service does not simply describe the person wearing the uniform, but the entire family. #Remembrance #Lestweforget
Archie could well have a sibling soon, too, by the sounds of things! While no official announcement has been made, Harry had some very interesting questions for military parents at that same engagement. While there, the couple spoke with Susie Stringfellow about parenting.
“Harry was really quite interested in how things were with second children as well, because we both have older children,” Susie said to Forces Network of the conversation the Duke of Sussex had with herself and another military parent, according to People.
The proud mom said both military parents then tried to convince Harry that he and Meghan should have another child.
The Sussexes’ break will also include their spending Christmas on the other side of the Atlantic, instead of at Sandringham with the Royal Family. Their plans have the support of the Queen and are not unusual – William and Duchess Kate have previously spent some Christmases with Middletons in Bucklebury, so Harry and Meghan’s plans may simply be an attempt to celebrate their holidays in a similar way.