Makes 8 slices
- • 1 can (13.8-oz) pizza crust dough
- • 1 can (16-oz) refried beans
- • ½ cup mild picante sauce
- • ¾ cup sliced green or black olives
- • 8 oz sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (about 2 cups)
- • 1 cup finely diced tomato (about 1 large or 30 grape tomatoes)
- • 12 oz shredded lettuce (about 1 large head)
- • ¼ cup sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 425° F. Roll out the dough and fit onto a 15-inch pizza pan or baking sheet. In a medium bowl, mix the beans and picante sauce until combined. Spread mixture over the crust, leaving a ¼-inch edge. Scatter the olives over the crust, then top with the cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned.
- While the crust is baking, lightly salt the tomatoes. Then, in a medium bowl, toss them with the lettuce and sour cream. Once the pizza is out of the oven, top it with the cool lettuce mixture.
In his foreword – affectionately signed “Mr. Yearwood” – to his wife’s new cookbook, Garth Brooks says he had always struggled with high cholesterol and high blood pressure. “But on my last checkup, my doctor came in, put the results down on the desk and jokingly said, ‘These results cannot be yours,’” recalls Garth, 53. He gives full credit for his newly healthy numbers to Trisha, 50, his Grammywinning wife of 10 years. It turns out she’s as adept at creating hits in the kitchen as she is in the recording studio. Her Food Network show, Trisha’s Southern Kitchen, is in its sixth season and Trisha’s Table reveals how she’s made dishes they already love lighter – a key reason Garth says he’s the healthiest he’s ever been. The couple still allow themselves the occasional indulgence, says Trisha, who’s joined Garth on his world tour, launched now that his three daughters are grown and off to college. “I have adopted an 80/20 rule when it comes to my delicate relationship with food; 80 per cent of the time I make good choices; 20 per cent of the time I let myself splurge,” Trisha says. – CHRIS DANIELS
Don't miss a beat with HELLO! Canada's Daily Hits newsletter, your daily dose of royal and celebrity news, fashion, weddings and more. CLICK HERE to sign up for free!