Angelina Jolie's father Jon Voight has broken his silence following the news that his daughter and husband Brad Pitt had decided to split. While at the wold premiere of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, the 77-year-old actor addressed Brad and Angelina's custody battle.
"I appreciate everybody's concern and their prayers," Jon told E! News. "Hopefully things will work out."
His statement comes shortly after Brad, 52, was cleared by the Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services after being investigated for alleged child abuse. A department spokesman said the agency could not confirm it investigated the Hollywood actor.
Brad hit the red carpet last week for the premiere of his new film Allied, which also stars Marion Cotillard, and despite the recent breakdown of his marriage, the dad-of-six appeared to be in good spirits.
" It's really sweet, everyone has been really kind out here," Brad said at the premiere. "It's really nice to have all the support."
Angelina's ex-husband Billy Bob Thornton, meanwhile, has said that the actress is also holding up.
"She's seems, you know, okay to me when I talk to (her)," he told Entertainment Tonight at a press conference for his new movie Bad Santa 2 over the weekend. "I don't talk to her that often though."
As Hello! Online previously reported, Angelina's spokesperson issued a statement, declaring that she and Brad had reached a legal agreement regarding the custody of their six children: Maddox, 15, Pax, 12, Zahara, 11, Shiloh, 10, and eight-year-old twins Knox and Vivienne.
However, sources close to the situation maintain that the pair have not reached any new agreement, and that Brad still plans to push for joint custody – as he stated in his response to Angelina's divorce petition on Nov. 4.